2.24.2010

Bonus! Gray Cake sketch

Apparently, I have developed this crazy tendency to sketch out stuff before I attempt it put it through InDesign. Posting the concept behind the finished product seems like a good idea to me, especially when I like the sketch more.


I was aiming to make little geometric ships in battle, originally. Then the idea started to turn into something like the old Japan flag; but instead of shining light, it was taking it in. And rather than the sun, it was this black hole in the form of this archaic, medieval looking seal with little globules floating just outside the event horizon. If only I wasn't lazy and posted this next to the InDesign version for a side by side comparison. Oh well.

I can't wait 'til we hit Photoshop!

1 comment:

  1. This has a very different feel than the "finished" product. It looks like two monsters about to fight in an old video game. I like the feel of movement that is implied in the circles.

    ReplyDelete